Human Friends Organization (HFO) is a nonprofit organization, which has, as it”s main goal, the promotion of religious freedom, inter-religious harmony, mutual understanding, tolerance, equality and acceptance between and among religious communities. The organization advocates for religious freedom of conscience as proclaimed in Article 18 of the United Nations” Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Convinced that inter-religious harmony can contribute significantly to justice & peace, HFO engages religious leaders and members of religious communities in mutual educational efforts, works with human rights organizations to promote human dignity, and explores the benefits of promoting democratic norms that respect equal rights for all.
Human Friends Organization (HFO) is a nonprofit organization. It is registered since 2003 under the Societies Registration Act 1860. HFO was founded by a human rights & peace activist Sajid Christopher.
A non-profit organization, HFO promotes religious freedom and inter-religious harmony as an effective means of achieving global justice & peace and advocates for the rights of religious minorities to assure equal justice and dignity for all people.
- Promotion of the benefits for all of equality, mutual understanding, tolerance, and acceptance between and among religious communities.
- Education, awareness and advocacy for religious freedom of conscience as proclaimed in Article18 of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Acts as a watchdog organization to review and analyze the facts and circumstances of violations of religious freedom.
- Provide legal assistance and humanitarian assistance to the persecuted Christians and other religious minorities.
- Rehabilitation of persecuted Christians and other religious minorities.
- Provide shelter, care and love to orphan children. And provision of education to destitute children.
- Gender equality through women empowerment.
Emergency relief, preparedness training and disaster management at the time of natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, etc.